RE: How To Access JCreator Menus And All Its Features

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:11:23 -0600

When I first started doing java programming, about 9 years ago, I tried
a number of the development tools including JCreator. I experienced the
same issues you describe in your note. I would strongly suggest you take
a look at using Eclipse. There are several JAWS users on this list using
Eclipse and I use it with JAWS 8.0 almost every day. Eclipse takes a
little getting used to from a navigation perspective, but once you get
familiar with it, it is quite powerful and very screen reader friendly.
The standard version of Eclipse is free. You can check it out at the URL
below:

http://www.eclipse.org

Hope this helps.