Re: Here is my modified program, thoughts? corrections?

  • From: "Ian D. Nichols" <inich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:24:33 -0400

Hi everyone,

There is a problem with Jes's logic here.  He wrote if (regNumber > 1 &&
regNumber < 3).

But 1 is not greater than 1, and 3 is not less than 3, so the only number that
will be recognized here will be 2.

The if statement about 4 and 9 has the same problem.

What is meant, I feel sure, is

if (regNumber >= 1 && regNumber <= 3)

That will pick up 1, 2 or 3.  Similar operators in the 4 and 9 statement will
recognize all numbers from 4 to 9 inclusive.

I also think that there are difficulties with what is included in the while
loop and what isn't, but haven't looked closely at that yet.

HTH.

Ian

Ian D. Nichols,
Toronto, Canada