Good Java book

  • From: Varun Khosla <varun.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 23:53:44 -0700

Hi friends,
If anyone could recommend me a good java book. I have enough knowledge
of c#, c/c++, so I would like a book that does not ment for a
programming beginner, instead, the one that can teach me java from
basics to advanced level in somewhat concise manner. Googling for it,
I have found java how to program (deidels&deidels) that seems to me a
good book, but it's quite horible in terms of text accessibility as
most of the words are concatinated in most lines, I don't know how
(it's a pdf version). Also the book is quite descriptive (1500 pages).
There's another book, java, a beginner guide, though I know nothing
more about it than its name.
I would also like to know which is the most accessible development
environment for developing java webpages and apps.
Is netbeans accessible? Thanks for any help!