File menu, file sub menu and other related questions

  • From: Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:36:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.  The scenario is this.  I am now trying to write an application using
Visual studio 2008 with C# as the programming language.  I have, thus far
created the file menu, and i have gotten the OpenFileDialog to work like charm.
 Now what i'd like to do is to achieve the following.  1. create an open sub
menu with the following components, OpenFile, open document, open template and
open project.  I'd also like to create a New sub menu with the same components
as those of the open menu.  Additionally, I'd like to create project files that
are native to my application, my application being know as webpad accessible,
thus logically calling my project file extension .wpa.  This is in additionn to
the usual webscripting files that i will get my application to open and save
and envoke.  How do i get these to work?  I'd also want my files to be opened
and those files to contain the usual programming snippets, like for example,
<?php ?>, or <html></html> and
 so on.  Can someone  advise me on these?  Lots of questions i know, but i hope
for some guidance on this.  Cheers!