FW: freelists and dns issues?

  • From: "Rasmussen, Lloyd" <lras@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:07:22 -0400

From: Rasmussen, Lloyd
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 8:50 AM
To: 'Tyler Littlefield'
Subject: RE: freelists and dns issues?

I'm not picking on Tyler at all.  I just wanted to report that almost half of
the traffic coming from this listserv is being rejected by McAfee Enterprise
edition at my Library of Congress account.  This begins to happen on replies,
which come through as a "corrupt content alert" message and a trouble ticket
number.  Replies to replies can sometimes be read because they show up as HTML
attachments with filenames such as attachment01..html  (note the double
period).  The McAfee complaint seems to be about mismatched character
encodings.  I'm not suggesting that anyone go back to text e-mail (that battle
is long finished).  Please check whether the mail you send out is in an
encoding consistent with your primary language.

I'm not seeing this on other mailing lists.

When I retire, I might be inclined to experiment with some ofmore programming,
IDE's, etc.  I keep reading this list because I like to know what is going on.
Thank you.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the
Library of Congress, NLS.