Exiting threads safely

  • From: "Sean Farrow" <sean.farrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:49:05 -0000

Hi list:
I am in a situation wher i am creating threads in a com server. The
threads use WaitForSingleObject to process cross process communication.
I need to exit these two created threads when --and only when an
application exits. is the safest way to do thi using a process finding
mechanism (I aleady have this in place anyway) or using a second event.
If the latter, can I use this in a while lop like the following:
while(WaitForSingleObject(hevent, infinite) !=0)
{
code if the thread isn't to exit--i.e wait on the first event.
}
exit the thread using an ExitThread call.
Any help apreciated.
Sean.