Excel, finding multiple modes

  • From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 17:53:06 -0700

Hi all,

ok, this is a good one for those willing to help. Yes, yes, I realize this is not 100% programming related, but it could certainly turn out that way.

I'm looking for the excel function that will yield more than a single mode. As is, if I use the following single digits in their own cells, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, & 5, there are 3 modes in this string of digits: 2, 3, and 4. Using the =mode function only gives up one mode: 2. How the heck can I tell Excel to give me all 3 modes in my dataset? Is there a work around?

Matthew