Re: EdSharp not running compiled code

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:32:01 -0500 (EST)

Below I said the Run command, F5, would not work, but rather to use the
Prompt command, Alt+F5.  The %SourceRootLong% token substitutes the root
name of the file in the current editing window (such tokens are explained
in the documentation).  For example, if your file name is C:\temp\long
name.java then the short root name would probably be
LONGNA~1
 and the long root name would be
long name

If the root names of your files are 8 characters or less and have no
embedded spaces, then the short and long root names would be the same.
Although most programs accept a short file name on the command line,
java.exe seems not to do so.  It automatically adds the .class
extension, which is why you do not include it.

Jamal