Re: EdSharp has problems with Malwarebytes

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:55:11 -0700

A malware program like malwarebytes works off huristics; it looks for patterns of bytes that can be found in individual viruses and works from there. Maybe it's nothing, but 3 "infected" files in one installation is a bit much.

On 8/5/2011 3:45 PM, Andre Williams wrote:
You're actually right when you convey your experience with multiple
warnings. I ran a more targeted search on the c:\program files Ed
sharp\webclient folder and received warnings about 3 webClient files just as
you described. Though I'm thinking of putting these files on the ignore
list, it would be interesting to know what they are and why they trigger
malware to want to quarantine.

A-W