E: compiling embedded vcpp4 for ARM?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 20:38:54 -0400

College, yes. I will get the disk when I get back to school, but I am not a big fan of VS. I know that it is because I am not sure how to use it, but there is so much there that I do not know where to start, and half the time JAWS will speak random characters instead of text, even with the scripts. Is there a simmpler compiler I could use?

Have a great day,
Alex

From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 17:29:24 -0400

Just get the arm gcc tool kit that is what OE Linux uses and what
we use for
the Braille plus and Icon.  Of course you will then also need to
run OE
Linux or Android or some kind of Linux based OS like Kendal or
Tom tom.

Ken

Ken