RE: Does EdSharp remember last place in a file?

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:36:17 -0400

What has me somewhat surprised is that any of these bookmarks ever get put into
files users actually read or edit in the first place.  It might make better
sense for edsharp to maintain its own database of files with bookmarks in them
separate from files being edited themselves.  The path; file name, line number
and column number along with either a <last> tag which would tell edsharp this
is the last place a user read the file and maybe another tag like <22<update>>
could be used to tell edsharp this is a user created tag called update the user
wants to pull up when searching for that later, and it's tag number 22 in this
particular file.  Perhaps user names of editors/readers could also be stored in
that data base along with who is authorized to read/edit that file as well,
along with a date stamp and version control number.  At that point, edsharp
might start to endanger Microsoft SharePoint.