RE: Development Kit Was Accessible Blackberry?

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:14:12 -0700

Sorry but its the Black berry dev kit that you download.  The kit is
actually really good the accessibility is what is bad.  I think it can be
scripted though I just have not had time.  Also if someone wants to dig
through all the classes with out an IDE you can probably develop for it at
the command line but it makes it much more difficult.  I am hoping to have
more time to work on this in the near future.  I think black berry has a
synth that we could use because my wife's phone has a mode where it speaks
the incoming numbers and things in a really nice voice but I have not been
able to find what they used to create that speech output.  If I could find
what they are using as a synth or what the company that made that portion of
the black berry used as a synth I would be much farther along at making
something that would talk on the black berry.

Ken