Re: Concatonation Query

  • From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekcafe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:53:00 +1100

        Hi.
well, sort of fixed it any way.
a whole bunch of pictures and text lables underneath the picture and you had
to concatonate your name to the end of the message, underneath the picture
box in the picture box control.
so was trying to do the following:

lblMessageLabel.text = "Light bulb is on"  & lblNameLabel
but vb was complaining about not liking the & property to a label control.
so just aded my name in the text, using a comma, and as i cannot see the
image, well, that was what i was after.
and then had a look at an example i found, and use that for reference in the
future.
sorry to have bothered you.
cheers Marvin.
ps: well, on another list, some one pointed out about aligning controls.
and to select a control or set of controls, and then to use the format
option in vb, to align and set my controls, and align them left, bottom, and
then snap to grid.
and made the mistake of selecting the whole form, and the options were
greyed out.
so, by using the shift or control down arrow on a control, then it it is
selected , i hope, or how am i supposed to highlight a control without using
a mouse?
will go and see now.
cheers Marvin.