Code Beautification Question

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:21:58 -0500

Hello all, Just a blink with a question for those of you who appreciate aesthetically pleasing code. If I have a line that wraps, say because of long expressions in the code itself or because of trailing comments at the end of the line, is it standard practice to indent that line to match the indentation level of the line above it? Or because of the various line lenghts in different editors, am I only really making things worse by doing that? Would actually be nifty if this was a no-no, since my editor just puts the next line at the far left and combing through and making the indentation levels match is sort of a pain. Thanks for the thoughts.

Jared