Re: Clipboard Utility

  • From: "Bob Kennedy" <intheshop@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:27:38 -0400

I made a script that will copy to the adjoining program.  This was primarily
done because I spend so much time in Excel each day. However, it will copy to
almost any open program running right next to where you are.  The only
exception I've found is Outlook.  Apparently my script keys are already being
used by Outlook.  I also use UPS World Ship at work.  This script will copy and
paste from say Excel into the World Ship fields.

There are a lot of "delays" in the script.  These are only there because our
system is very slow and I had to add them to allow everything to catch up.  You
may be able to leave them out.

I would think you could set a hot key for Word, and have a type key function
starting Word at the top of the script.  Then you'd have to check for running
applications of Word so it isn't launched each time you copy to it.  The rest
is pretty simple actually.
Here is my script if you want to play with it.

Script CopyToNewWorkbook () ; shift + control + C

PCCursor ()

SaveCursor ()

TypeKey ("alt+e" )

Pause( )