Re: Choosing Language Distributions

  • From: Veli-Pekka Tätilä <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:14:27 +0200

Hi james,
Which language? If Perl, go with Active State. IT has a marvelously easy
to use package manager ppm, on the command line, POD docs converted to
HTML and many WIndows modules preinstalled. It is the defacto standard
perl distro for Windows, I'd say.

ActiveState is not so critical for Python, I've heard. And as far as
Ruby goes, I'm personally using the one click Ruby installer.

Hope this helps.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila