Re: C flavors: peaceful coexistence???

  • From: Dave <davidct1209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:12:13 -0700

Though I'm not familiar with MSYS, you likely have a few options:

One way .Net applications access native win32 dll's is through
something called p-invoke.

among other resources describe this technique.

A step up from this would be to use COM and implement a COM server for
your unmanaged code which can be translated to managed code with some
included VS tools.

Of course, now that I briefly google MSYS, it looks like it tries to
achieve a bourne shell with unix like tools, but still has facilities
to compile dll's.

http://www.mingw.org/wiki/FAQ

If you are serious about writing for Windows, I'd bite the bullet and
compile everything including unmanaged code within VS.