C and ARM-assembly

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind programming <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:53:01 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

Ok I want to have a look at ARM over the next few weeks. I am looking to port rockbox to a new player and want to get an over view of arm What tools will I need on windows to be able to learn the basics of ARM? I will only have access to a windows box unfortunately.
Then when I get back home what tools for ARM do I need on my linux box?
Could someone perhaps tell me the tools I need for ARM on win and another list for tools I need on linux?

Also could someone tell me a C compiler for windows? Something that is small and easy to get working. I don't really have time or the resources to install cygwin otherwise I would.
I just use gcc on linux now.

So if someone could tell me:
-What tools I need to learn arm on windows
-The tools required for  ARM on linux
-And a c compiler for windows.

If someone could help me out here I would greatly appreciate it.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx