Re: [Bulk] Re: Has anyone noticed?

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:34:19 -0200

Hello,
if blindprogramming was a code only mather then we wouldn't need to
have a list specifically set for this issue. Blind programming is more
than coding, in fact the coding part is the only mather that could be
resolved almost totally by any programming list. I agree with 98% of
people who replied to this thread. They said "let it this way, it is
good. Some "off topic?" messages are helpfull, and some "on topic?"
aren't, sinse people's interests are often different.".
I agree with Inthane on this subject. But I'll say more: Jamal's
programs helped me more than one milion of expert codders who weren't
worried with others would do.
Inthane always gave valuable help and resources for us, and this was
done in good words and html and not in assembly. Andreas started up a
great discussion in which we put all our needs to a blind friendly
compiler, which is something great and I've never had a chanse before
to discuss it with nobody. The nvda has started and grown, won
addepts, testters and translators from this list, and it is the first
open source screen reader for windows with quality and potential I
have seen.
Vs .net scripts for jaws have started and grown also, with support of
folks from this list. So far, my opinion is this: if we had a blind
programming list focused only on codders ... man, we would be very
very poor, not only because coding doesn't deppend on sight but also
because we would loose a good part of what sighted lists couldn't
provide us with.
Codding is important, Will Pearson and, together with many others,
have supported and helped me with win32 developement, which I use on
my day by day work. Coding is what makes us programmers ... but it
isn't ONLY what blind programming is about. In fact, codding is only a
part of what blindprogrammiing is about.
Now, pressing your delete key on non-codding messages is more
benefitial to the blind programmers comunity than stopping all
non-codding blind programming threads.
This list has been kind of perfect. If one isn't very happy they're
free to leave. The only thing that worries me are some folks here, but
I let my spam filter to take care of them. Other than this, when I am
not happy here I'll politely talk to the moderator and if things
doesn't change I will leave, without generating unusefull threads..
Marlon

free."
Linus Torvalds