Bit of query/complaint about something called MCL

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:42:20 +0200

http://www.mcl-collection.com/

Busy during in-office training, and trainer guy keeps on referring to
something displaying on his screen/whiteboard, but main thing is that while
this app/development interface was apparently built using C++, all jaws
and/or NVDA sees in it is buttons that aren't labeled - and, no they're
apparently not actually always buttons FWIW.

Sometimes listboxes, and the menu systems seem to work okay, but doesn't
help that you never know what you're actually focused on, how to navigate
to buttons on like toolbar etc. etc.

For example, when I start this app, I have to switch over to NVDA to try
locate an unlabeled button that happens to in fact be the run as demo
button in a start up dialogue, among a few others, and then I can get into
what's to me a pretty useless/inaccessible interface - in either jaws or PC
cursor modes.

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else had any experience of this
development environment, etc., and my only other thing is might, when
sighted guys have finished going through 4 days of training try to get one
of them to maybe help me re-assign control types for jaws within this
interface, but, in meantime, I'm just going to let them carry on in
background, while I carry on with python, etc. myself, but bit irritating
when hands on training is undoable with a screen reader.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA