Re: Anyone here familiar with jQuery?

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:44:38 -0400

Good afternoon Bryan,

The following is an example of a live region update using dojo and ARIA.

If you investigate the code you may be able to figure out what is being done differently.

http://www.weba11y.com/Presentations/presentations.html

HTH,
Everett

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt

View my LinkedIn Profile
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ezufelt

On 6-Jul-09, at 7:25 PM, Bryan Garaventa wrote:

I have a bit of a problem. I'm using the following method to load content from an external file into a div on the page.

http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax/load#urldatacallback

<!-- Code -->
<script type="text/javascript">
// Requires jQuery.js ref in header.
$("#targetDiv").load("SampleFile.html");
</script>
<!-- End Code -->

However, when I do this, JAWS won't recognize the content change, so it's necessary to press insert+escape just to see the new content.

I've tried changing the class value on a page element after the change occurs, and this doesn't force JAWS to update the DOM either.

Does anyone know how to get JAWS to automatically recognize the new content after using this method?

Thanks,
Bryan