Re: Access to PDF

  • From: "Sean Murphy" <smurf_bp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 08:16:04 +1000

All,

My points:

1. How can the standards (what ever they are) can be forced or be automatically checked to improve accessibility. The tags have something to do with the standards. But not many documents support this.

2. The ability of moving through a document without pressing control + page down on large document is a pain. I don't see the need for this, there could be a technical reason.

3.  Some documents I hav read repeat the first paragraph twice.

4. Searching documents doesn't really work. If I search something, there appears to be no option to go back to the document.

5. Adobe should disable any means of people preventing access for the Screen Reader. The Screen Reading software like Jaws prevents you from copying selected text any way. so this is not a requirement any more.

6.  filling in forms is a issue.

7. If you compare navigating a CHM with a PDF, I would use CHM over PDF because it is quicker to jump around a document.

Sen