AW: any luck using Cygwin with JAWS?

  • From: "Heiko Folkerts" <heiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 14:14:16 +0200

Hi,
Notepad++ is a good editor for programming. It works well with NVDA and
should do as well with JAWS. For compiling just install GCC and run that
from a DOS prompt. You will hav to use the JAWS cursor to read the output
oft he compiler, but that should work. Visualstudio is working well with
JAWS as well. You can type and call up the results after compiling with
Alt+2 or from a menu option. There is a free express version from
visualstudio available.

Hth

Heiko