[program-java] Using eclipse

  • From: "Roger Woolgrove" <rawoolgrove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JavaProgramming" <program-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:54:47 +0100

Hello all,

I am new to the java language and studying presently with the open university.

I decided to try and use Eclipse after learning some stuff and was first
confronted by a message:

The eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared
library.

To which I have only an OK button to press.

I installed from an external hard drive into programs within my c drive on
Windows XP.  The version is correct for my machine from all I can gather, 32
bit.  So any ideas on how I can launch the program?  Step by step guides would
be helpful at this time until I am more familiar with its operation.

On my other machine, everything worked fine but I am a little lost with how to
enter code.

Have used Blue Jay briefly and us:
alt +
v to go to the variables pane,
d to go to the display pane and
c to go to the code pane where I enter code.

Any help on how to navigate around from the start would also be of great use.

Many thanks in advance.

Roger