[procps] release 3.3.3 tag annotation and watch

  • From: Sami Kerola <kerolasa@xxxxxx>
  • To: procps-ng <procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kent R. Spillner" <kspillner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:46:24 +0100

Hi Craig,

I notice you created a tag, but it's not annotated and which means
describe will not recognize that tag.

sake@lelux /home/src/procps-ng git tag
v3.3.0
v3.3.1
v3.3.2
v3.3.3
sake@lelux /home/src/procps-ng git describe
v3.3.2-125-g29b62a1

IMHO tag should be removed, and new annotated v3.3.3 should be added
when all is ready for that.

Before re-tagging I'd like to inform about broken watch switch. Try
the command below. AFAIK that should not exit. Assuming --chgexit
should exit I'm sure leaving terminal broken after watch is not
desired behaviour.

watch --chgexit echo 'this does not change'

To me it seems that commit 81f64657ba183ee983ea98c7f97904296b2ce5aa
was not successful. I do not understand how that code could or should
work so I think dropping this feature from the v3.3.3 is easiest.
Perhaps Kent has other ideas.

p.s. I'm still modestly optimistic the few fixes from last week could
get to v3.3.3
//www.freelists.org/post/procps/A-rainy-days-effort,8

--
   Sami Kerola