[pr0k] Re: PAIN

  • From: Bongfish <bongfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pr0k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 17:00:07 +0100

On Thu, 9 May 2002 16:08:18 +0100 , Andy wrote:

> How does that work?  Surely, it doesn't matter where your external
> e-mail comes from or goes to, but to get to your computer it has to go
> through the Jester external servers...  Right?

When you click the shiny 'send' or 'retrieve' buttons it connects to the Jester
mail server to check for any new mail and/or to send out anything queued on
your computer. It then sits there for half an hour before finally getting sent,
if at all. (At least it did when I worked there).

With a demolicious account, you'd fill in the server details in your mailer for
the new account, and then it'd connect straight from your computer to the
demolicious mail server to send/fetch any mail. Your work server isn't involved
at all, unless you're sending mail to somebody with a *@jesterinteractive.com
address.