PPTx - PPTx administrative: easy-Speak.org (1 of 3)

  • From: "Teresa (Terri) Larsen" <larsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pptx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 12:36:22 -0700

Greeting fellow professional speakers!

I am in the process of looking for alternative ways for
our club to keep in touch, keep track of our progress
in the TM curriculum (awards), and communicate most
effectively with respect to meeting agendas, locations,
and roles.

This is my first in a series of 3 messages, regarding
easy-Speak.org; wait for further info on other platforms
in subsequent messages.

I'm investigating easy-Speak (1), for which I've heard
some good things. I will also look into Toastmasters'
own web tools on FreeToastHost (2). And we have the
option of staying completely autonomous by making our
own site (3) fully functional for all of us.

Using the roster provided to me by Bea in October, I
searched the easy-Speak database. So far, I have found
many of us already using the easy-Speak platform:

Member name                        easy-Speak?
Martin Cobb                         not found
Jonathan M. Fleck             found, added to pptx
Beatrice Garcia Macliz              not found
Tom G. Hobbs                  found, added as member
Joan Janis                    found multiple accts
Teresa Larsen                     Member of pptx
Luc Moens                   not found (inactive member)
Raymond E. Mohr               found, added to pptx
Linda M. Rhea                 found, added to pptx
Terrence J. Smith           not found (past member)
Devorah P. Uriel              found, added to pptx
David A. Bounds               found, added as member
Joy C. Davidson            found, added as past member
Gavriella Fiedler                   not found
Deborah Frauenfelder          found, added as member
Teddy Goldman                       not found
David C. Harrower             found, added as member
Meredith V Hartigan                 not found
Richard E. Hopkins         found, added as past member
Ray E. Pezolt              found, added as past member

Those of you who already have accounts can access our
clubon the easy-speak.org web site. There, you can update
your profile, add or edit content, etc.

The system is meant to have each user appear once in the
database, and associate their account with multiple clubs.
Joan, I found you listed multiple times in the database,
each time as a visitor or guest speaker at clubs you may
or may not belong to.

I have not figured out how to enter members' assigned
roles for upcoming meetings on this site. If someone can
point me (and the rest of us) in the right direction,
please do!

I have attached a soft copy of the role assignments that
Joan originally created (through Oct 2014) and that I
have extended through the 1st quarter of 2015 by passing
around sign-up sheets at our meetings.

Ultimately, I would like each of us to be able to sign
up or change roles online so we always have an up-to-date
list of each meeting's emcee and participants.

As always, I invite your input: good, bad, or indifferent,
about using the easy-Speak platform. Please take some time
to explore easy-Speak and what it has to offer. We'll
discuss your input, comments, and suggestions at our
next meeting(s).

Your prez,

Terri