[powerdot] Re: textheight ignored?

  • From: Björn Brodersen <bjoern.brodersen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:37:07 +0100

Thanks for the answers.

After playing around the whole evening yesterday incl. reading docs to
xkeyval I'm still confused how to export the textheight defined in the
style file to a useable length. I've managed to access \pd@@textheight
with this construct:

\makeatletter
   \setlenght{\textareaheight}{\pd@@textheight}
\makeatother

but it seems that this variable - or key, following my understandings of
xkeyval - is set only localy inside the style file.

I need this value because the text-area of my wideslide and slide
enviroments differ in height, and I want to give users the opportunity
to draw a pspicture with size (\textwidth x \textareaheight) for freely
placing things via \rput commands using positioning like ( 0.5\textwidth
x 0.8\textareaheight).

Is there a way to access this value defined in my style file?

Thanks for your patience !

Greetings Björn

--

Dipl.-Ing. Björn Brodersen MSc