[powerdot] Re: problems with getting correct layouts with TexLive

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:22:03 +0000

On Dec 27, 2011, at 8:41 AM, Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan wrote:

> Hello,
>         I have been using powerdot for some years (since 2008) with TexLive
> on Windows XP and with the recent versions of TeXLive I cannot simply produce
> a PS or PDF output with the correct layout in powerdot. So I keep my TeXLive
> 2008 to create my presentations in powerdot. Here is a link to a DVI file
> (defense.dvi) that I produced in powerdot.:
>
> http://petitlien.fr/dvi
>
> (The link will expand to a Guest account in GMX).
>
> Can someone test with commands at the command prompt (dvips and ps2pdf) if
> one can produce correct PS and PDF files? I have tried but without any
> success.
>

> Thank you.
>
> My best wishes for a great new year.
>
> Best Regards,
> Y.Calleecharan

This problem appeared at some point and, at least for a while, the quick fix
has been to use a modified version of some file (I seem to remember this had
something to do with pstricks). The workaround appeared on the web (and you
might find it with a little googling).

I would suggest that, if possible, you try it with a newer version of texlive.
This problem does not seem to exist with texlive 2010 or 2011. If it still does
not work, then look to see if some older versions of powerdot, or pstricks,
remain in your local tree (therefore overriding the newer versions when you
typeset).

Luis Sequeira