[powerdot] Re: powerdot to Slidy

  • From: Johannes Brauer <brauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:54:01 +0100

Thomas!

Am 08.11.2006 um 20:41 schrieb Tom Schneider:

I saw your posting above a few days ago.  You seem to imply that one
can convert automatically, "Compiling my latex sources to Slidy", from
LaTeX to Slidy, but it was not obvious how fromthe documentation page.

Did you do it by hand?

The procedure I followed:

        Von:      gurari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [OS X TeX] Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?
        Datum:  19. Oktober 2006 23:24:32 MESZ
        An:       MacOSX-TeX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Antwort an:       MacOSX-TeX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to try it myself. What do I have to do?

Let's start from the common part:

1) Go to

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/bugfixes.html

and get a new version of tex4ht.tar.gz and htf.zip

Put them where they belong (most important put .4ht files )

2) Create powerdot presentation (not everything is supported) foo.tex

3) Run htlatex foo.tex  "xhtml"

4) Get Slidy to your webserver. I am lazy so I made everything with
the minimal editing:

Experimental with subdirectory Slidy and I uploaded everything (html,
css, png files) into this directory.

Done (well check read permissions of all files)

As a side note, the tex4ht configurations avoid introducing
decorations to the slides.  Personalized styles can be easily
introduced with a little knowledge of CSS.  (One, of course, can also
extend/rewrite the javascript support, but it probably wouldn't be
that simple for most of us.) -eitan

Johannes