[powerdot] powerdot and miktex 2.7 problems

  • From: Luis Sequeira <lfsequeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 19:06:23 +0100

Hi

I have been trying to help out a colleague that is using powerdot on windows (using miktex 2.7) and he is experiencing two vexing problems, that I have not been able to fully solve. As I work on a mac with texlive, I am not very familiar with his setup, so there may be obvious things that I do not realize.

1 - the output pdf file is in portrait format, rather than landscape (this, or something similar, used to happen when texlive 2008 came out, and was solved by replacing config.ps; is this also a problem for miktex?)

2 - the current version of movie15 causes an error and appears to be incompatible with powerdot (a problem that happened some 3 years ago, and as I recall the author was very helpful and got it sorted out very quickly at the time). This one I was able to circumvent by placing the texlive included version of movie15.sty in the same folder as the document to typeset. I realize this one is not a powerdot problem per se, but I don't know how to contact the author of movie15, and maybe he still follows this list or someone knows how to reach him for help.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Luis Sequeira