[powerdot] Problem with method=file

  • From: "Moti Ben-Ari" <moti.ben-ari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:39:49 +0200

Hello
I am trying Powerdot after using Prosper for a long time.
It worked well until I tried to use method=file so I can use listings with overlays.
The problem I get occurs even in a file having only a title!
LaTeX file and error message is appended.
Based on the messages, I tried manually deleting toc, bm and vrb files
and rerunning but it didn't help.

There was something in the archive about not putting method=file
in the \pdsetup, but I'll need clarification because that's
not what the documentation says.

I'm using the latest version of MiKTeX.

Thanks in advance for your help

Moti

Trival latex file:

\documentclass{powerdot}
\pdsetup{method=file}
\title{Tools for Teaching with Spin}
\author{Moti}
\begin{document}
\maketitle
\end{document}

Error message:

("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5\tex\latex\psnfss\upsy.fd"))
<powerdot-default.ps>)) (twente.aux)
("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5\tex\latex\hyperref\nameref.sty"
("C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5\tex\latex\oberdiek\refcount.sty"))

Package hyperref Warning: Rerun to get /PageLabels entry.

(twente.bm) (twente.bm)
Runaway argument?
\footnote \thanks \def \thefootnote {\@fnsymbol \c@footnote }{\pd@title \ETC.
! Paragraph ended before \next was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.9 \end
        {document}