[powerdot] Contd. Colour of inactive equation numbers in the itemize environment

  • From: Luis Costa <luis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:05:33 +0300 (EEST)

Hello!

I'm returning to the problem I reported using equations in the
itemize environment. The use of the amsmath package solves the
problem when using \begin{equation} ... \end{eqnation}, but
doesn't address the problem in the eqnarray environment:
\begin{eqnarray} ... \end{eqnarray} will still have the problem
of the active equation number colour even when inactive, which,
I think, is because this environment is not defined in the
amsmath package.

However, a quick (and elegant I think) fix that solves this
problem and does not require the amsmath package is to redefine
\@eqnnum to exclude \normalcolor from its definition (I feel
silly now that I didn't think of this earlier:-).

\documentclass{powerdot}

\makeatletter
\def\@eqnnum{{\normalfont (\theequation)}}
\makeatother

\begin{document}
\begin{slide}{test}
\begin{itemize}[type=1]
\item 1\pause
\item \onslide*{2}{\color{red}}
\begin{equation}
2
\end{equation}\pause
\item 3
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}
\end{document}

This way, the basic LaTeX equation environments can be used. The
original LaTeX definition of \@eqnnum is

\makeatletter
\def\@eqnnum{{\normalfont \normalcolor (\theequation)}}
\makeatother

which indicates how stupid I was. :-)

So, forget the fix I offered earlier using the \onslide commands,
use this.

Best regards,

Luis Costa