[pov] Re: HARVEY BERGMAN has been HACKED = BE CARFUL

  • From: John Sage <jsage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:27:00 -0800

On 03/03/2015 10:11 AM, Harvey (Redacted sender planetberg@xxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

CAREFUL.
I'VE BEEN HACKED.

I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I'VE RESOLVED THIS ISSUE.

EMAIL ME TO CONFIRM SUSPICIOUS EMAILS BEFORE OPENING.

SORRY.

HARVE

Because this was sent to the POV list with at least 657 of the email addresses out of your -- what? -- AOL contacts list, all I can say is thank $DEITY that freelists.org mungs email addresses in their archives, else a sh*t load of people would have had their email addresses unknowingly exposed to spammers and malware hackers.

https://www.freelists.org/post/pov/HARVEY-BERGMAN-has-been-HACKED-BE-CARFUL

Which makes one kinda wonder if this email itself is the hack...

- John
--
John Sage
FinchHaven Digital Photography

pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All replies default to the entire POV list.

To reply to the specific sender, make sure the sender's email address is the only one in the To: field of your email application.