[platypus-dev] Re: New To Platypus, have some questions

  • From: Sveinbjorn Thordarson <sveinbt@xxxxx>
  • To: platypus-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:39:03 +0000

If the user drops more than one file, the Mac OS uses some sort of mechanism to determine in what order they are sent as AEOpenDoc events to the application. I'm not sure what it is. However, to use the first file that is passed, just use the second argument to the script. All arguments after the first (which is the path to the application bundle) are paths to the files dropped on the Platypus app. In the case of Perl, to access the first dropped file you would use $ARGV[1].

- Sveinbjorn Thordarson

On Nov 29, 2005, at 4:36 AM, Jamie Poitra wrote:

When creating a droplet that I want to only take one file what would I use for the variable in a bash script? I read the documentation, but the example was for perl and was using some sort of an array which isn't what I want since I just want the first in this case.

Actually, thats it for now.  :)  I'll have more later I'm sure.

Jamie