[pisa-src] Re: r2134 - trunk/kernel/Makefile

  • From: Diego Biurrun <diego@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pisa-src@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:57:32 +0100

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:07:30AM +0100, Mircea Gherzan wrote:
> Diego Biurrun <diego@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 12:41:18AM +0100, Mircea Gherzan wrote:
> > >
> > > Log:
> > > kpisa: make all Makefile targets 'phony'
> >
> > This may sound nitpickish, but since I'm somewhat of a Make person I
> > would like to insist: You are marking the phony targets as such.
> > Blindly marking targets as phony would be a very bad idea.
>
> Honestly, I don't know what's wrong now... No target in that Makefile
> represents
> the "name of a file". Therefore, I've marked them phony.
>
> Is it something I'm missing?

No, I guess I just was not terribly clear.  Your commit message kind of
just explains what you did, but not why.  It's just a detail, an
improvement could be

  kpisa: mark all phony Makefile targets as such

Since I consider commit messages important and work with the logs quite
a bit I like to point out possible improvements in clarity.

Diego - always trying to improve the little things