[pisa-src] Standard PiSA copyright header

  • From: Christoph Viethen <christoph.viethen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pisa-src@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:31:59 +0100

Hello,

the standard copyright header in PiSA files currently seems to look like:

/*
 * Copyright (c) 2008, Distributed Systems Group, RWTH Aachen
 * All rights reserved.
 */

May I suggest we change this in all places to

/*
 * Copyright (c) 2012 Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems
 *  (COMSYS / Informatik 4), RWTH Aachen, Germany.
 * All rights reserved.
 */

?

This is formatted so its lines are no longer than 80 chars, and intentionally
includes all three terms (COMSYS, Informatik 4, as well as the long version of
COMSYS), just like the official page http://www.comsys.rwth-aachen.de/contact/
does.

I'm aware that this message may not last long - but then again, I'm not privy
to the plans for all this -, but on the other hand, we do have files that don't
include a copyright message at all, and so it would be quite useful to have a
common message in all files.

So the question really boils down to: use the ancient message also on new
files, or use a more current message, even though it may be a somewhat
temporary solution?

Cheers,

  Christoph

--