[phpa] Re: phpa on FreeBSD - segfault

  • From: "PHP Accelerator" <php_accelerator@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:29:12 +0000

Hi,

Julien wrote:
>     This segfault happens when getting pages from a site made with
>ezpublish, a php content manager that make a quite complex use of php. This
>problem seems to be quite minor, as the website continues to run correctly
>( but really more quickly ;-)) ).

Before the segfault does it actually run more quickly without phpa then? :-)
If so then enable shm logging and see if the cache is flushing pages. The
cache could be too small.

When Jamie's produced the FreeBSD release for 1.2dev then I'll put that up
and I'd recommend trying that.

>     One of the particularities of ezpublish is an intensive use of
>references ( ie foo =& bar ), could it be related to my problem ?

Certainly possible, but my own code uses references heavily too and it never
crashes. If you're not using 4.0.7 then I'd recommend switching to that as
4.0.6 has some memory bugs that could also be related.

>     As I said, ezpublish is a quite big amount of code, so tracking the
>bug may take some time...

Would certainly be helpful if you can, but I'd be inclined to hold off until
Jamies had time to build 1.2dev and let me have that. One other thing you
could do is set the (undocumented) phpa.tweaks setting to 'off' in php.ini

Cheers
Nick