[phpa] Re: class not found

  • From: "Mark Rogers" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:58:07 +0100

> But, unless you have the skills to write the correct SQL for nested trees
> (keeping track of the left and right numbers etc) which I don't, then a
> recursive function is the only way to do something like build breadcrumbs.

There shouldn't (afaik) be a problem with nested function calls; the problem
is where the definition of a function appears inside the definition of
another; indeed if you nest a function definition inside another you can't
call the container function more than once (because it will attempt to
redefine the nexted function on the second call and fail).

Recursive functions, used properly, are a Good Thing [tm].

Mark Rogers, Quarella Ltd