[phpa] Re: Error with 1.2 : Unable to get shm sems - Invalid argument

  • From: "PHP Accelerator" <php_accelerator@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:08:33 +0000

Ronan, Paul,

One thing that changed is that the version I posted uses more semaphores
than 1.1 did. You must remove the old shm cache first with the flish script,
otherwise phpa will ask for more semaphores than were originally created,
and that should fail. Please let me know if this is the cause of the error.

Otherwise, if you had removed the cache then this is mysterious, and means
that it's working for some people but not all.

I've made a change that should correct this, but the cause isn't clear. I'll
put updated versions on the site with this change made, and they'll be
downloadable from:

  http://www.php-accelerator.co.uk/dev-download.php

The page should be up within the next hour or so.

Thanks for the feedback!

Nick