[photodesk] Re: PhotoDeskDA correction

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:48:30 GMT

On 26 Feb 2007 PhotoDesk <photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Dave
>
> Thanks for your message, although I do *not* have an Iyonix.

Its not needed on your version either which runs in high DAs now.

> > If you are using version 3.06 of Photodesk and the PhotoDeskDA utility in
> > !Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks which reserves a dynamic area in low memory ready
> > for Photodesk when its run, I've corrected a bug which causes it not to
> > spot if the DA it has claimed is suitable.
> >
> > It can be fixed by changing:-
> >
> >       Base% = Base% DIV (1024*1024)
> >
> > Change it to:-
> >
> >       Base% = Base% >>> 20
> >
> > After changing reboot to check if it runs without error. If you do get an
> > error, rename it !PhotoDeskDA so it is run earlier in the boot sequence.
>
> I do not understand, what does the changed statement.
> Similarly I do not understand your sentence abut the fixed bug.

The problem occurs when the memory allocated above &80000000 which means
Base% will be a negative value, and using DIV means its still negative.
Using >>> makes it a postive number of megabytes as intended.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx