[phoenixchoralesc] Re: reminder

  • From: "Margaret L. Merrill" <mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 16:48:01 -0400

Hi Rory,

I understand your thought, but since this is to be a monthly dues reminder, I
wonder if asking within this format/venue is appropriate.
This issue of asking for support from the community at large was one we had
discussed in the late spring - but never moved it beyond the initial stage.
Perhaps we might want to address it again soon.

Others are welcome to weigh in here with responses, thoughts, or ideas.

Margaret

Margaret L. Merrill, EdD
Early Childhood Instructor
University of Southern Maine at Lewiston Auburn
USM ETEP/TEAMS Field Supervisor
37 College Avenue
8 Bailey Hall
Gorham, ME 04038

margaret.merrill@xxxxxxxxx
mloringme@xxxxxxxxx
207 282 5144
207 841 7856

On Sep 27, 2015, at 3:21 PM, roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Margaret,

Since this is going out to everyone, it seems appropriate to me to clarify
whether or not we are only looking to collect dues from singing members. In
my mind, the reason folks are on this list is because they want to associate
with the Chorale. Thus, I am encouraging them to be supportive, in any way,
financially or otherwise. Keeping it unspecified, to my way of thinking,
means we aren't pressuring them to contribute, but we are saying

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 12:53:39 -0400, "Margaret L. Merrill"
<mloringme@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi Rory,

Not sure about the line - Obviously we would love to receive support from all
of our friends, whether or not you are singing. Not sure what you mean -
financial support or any type of support? If $ is meant, not sure this is the
place for that.
Thoughts?

margaret.merrill@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:margaret.merrill@xxxxxxxxx>
mloringme@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mloringme@xxxxxxxxx>
207 282 5144
207 841 7856

On Sep 27, 2015, at 11:01 AM, roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please approve the following message going out. If I don't get any feedback
to the contrary, I'll send this out this evening.

-------------------------------

Hi Folks,

This is a reminder that our next choir rehearsal will be the first rehearsal
for the new month.

As you know, our group requests a monthly dues payment from those who are
able to contribute. The suggested contribution is $25 per month. If you are
able, please bring a check to the next rehearsal (this Thursday at 7pm) made
out to Phoenix Chorale. Obviously we would love to receive support from all
of our friends, whether or not you are singing. And we do encourage all of
you to come be with us at the Woods at Canco for rehearsal.

By the way, our move toward becoming an official non-profit is proceeding.
Once we are, we can look for funding from various grants and other sources,
which will make the need to collect dues less urgent. But for the present,
that is the only way we can pay our director and accompanist.

Thank you.

Rory Sellers
Treasurer