[phoenixchoralesc] Re: Voting members -- haw about thisidea???????

  • From: Leigh Mundhenk <mundhenk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixchoralesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:24:42 -0400

Safe trip, Anna!!

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 1:17 PM, <purple16@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes that is my understanding, and of course I will stay on the board. Here
in Montana in Big Sky country, but smoky skies due to all the fires. Home
tomorrow. Best,Ana
Anna Noyes Benoit

---- roryphoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Anna,

One more thing about "non-voting board member" .

It's easy to lose sight of something. There are two bodies --
the Members of the Phoenix Chorale and the board of directors. It's
confusing because we also talk about members of the board. But in the
most formal sense, "Member" (capital "M") refers to the larger
organization.

Pretty much all decisions are made by the board or delegated by the
board, as it sees fit, in accordance with the bylaws, blah blah blah.
But the Members have the over-arching single responsibility of electing
the board.

The recent discussion has been about who gets to vote to elect the
board. This has nothing to do with voting as a member OF the board.
Obviously everybody on the board gets a vote when the board makes a
decision. Furthermore, one is NOT required to be Member of Phoenix
Chorale in order sit on its board.

I hope this makes it clear.

Please stay on the board!

Rory

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:31:51 +0000, purple16@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
My first reaction is that it seems pointless to be a non-voting board
member. I'll have to consider whether I want to continue on. I've been
very busy with my sisters funeral and have not been able to read this
long email discussion in detail. Just catching up now.
Anna Noyes Benoit

--
Leigh G. Mundhenk, PhD
Consultant/Coach/Trainer