[pediatriceducationnews] PediatricEducation.org New Cases for January 2013

  • From: Michael D'Alessandro <michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pediatriceducationnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 16:32:43 -0600

Dear PediatricEducation.org Patrons,

During January, we added 4 new cases to PediatricEducation.org.  The cases are:

January 7, 2013 - What Do You Do About Barotrauma to the Ear?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2013/01/07/

January 14, 2013 - Could Renal Abscess Be a Complication of Pyelonephritis in
this Patient?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2013/01/14/

January 21, 2013 - What is the Physiology of Vomiting?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2013/01/21/

January 28, 2013 - What is Acute Hemorrhagic Edema of Infancy?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2013/01/28/

Teaching and Learning Tips:
Ever wonder if you are learning about the problems and topics that the various
national medical boards think you should know? We have taken the content
components of national pediatric medical education curricula and have mapped
their content to the cases found in PediatricEducation.org, thus creating
content curriculum maps for different learners including residents in
pediatrics, family medicine, emergency medicine and for medical students. See:
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/curriculummaps

Do you teach a clinical specialty? Use the Cases by Specialty archive to have
your learners learn about problems or presenting symptoms or diseases in your
specialty. You can help them by  using the cases as other examples of patients
your learners have encountered, or as a supplement to what your learner may not
have the opportunity to experienced first hand. There are 42 different
specialties available. See: http://www.pediatriceducation.org/casesbyspecialty

Searching for differential diagnoses to learn or teach from? Our Pediatric
Differential Diagnoses page continues to grow monthly
(http://www.pediatriceducation.org/pediatric-differential-diagnoses/).

We encourage you to send any questions about the cases by sending them to:
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/sendcomments

Respectfully,

Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Curators, PediatricEducation.org

entering your e-mail address, choosing Unsubscribe and clicking on "Go!"

The moderator of this list is michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx