[pediatriceducationnews] PediatricEducation.org New Cases for April 2013

  • From: "D'Alessandro, Michael" <michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pediatriceducationnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pediatriceducationnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 20:01:13 +0000

Dear PediatricEducation.org Patrons,

During April, we are very pleased to announce that we have published our 400th
case.
One week at a time has added up to many many common (and a few not so common)
questions and answers.
We thank you for your continued patronage of PediatricEducation.org

Five new cases overall were added this month.  The cases are:

April 1, 2013 - Is EBV a Common Cause of Elevated Liver Enzymes?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2012/04/01/

April 8, 2013 - How Common is Bullous Myringitis?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2013/04/08/

April 15, 2013 - How Do Airway Malacias Present?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2013/04/15/

April 22, 2013- What Causes Digital Clubbing?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2013/04/22

April 29, 2013 - What Are the Basic Oxygen Delivery Methods?
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/2013/04/29

Teaching and Learning Tips:
Wondering how to think about or evaluate a patient with a particular presenting
problem? Use the Cases by Symptom archive to learn about, or review a symptom
or problem such as apnea, chest pain, fatigue, syncope, etc.. There are more
than 125 different symptom categories available. See:
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/casesbysymptom

Want to stimulate further discussion or need some ideas to stretch your
learner's knowledge about a particular problem or disease? Suggestions are
given in the "Questions for Further Discussion" section towards the end of each
case.

Searching for differential diagnoses to learn or teach from? Our Pediatric
Differential Diagnoses page continues to grow monthly
(http://www.pediatriceducation.org/pediatric-differential-diagnoses/).

We encourage you to send any questions about the cases by sending them to:
http://www.pediatriceducation.org/sendcomments

Respectfully,

Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D. and Michael P. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Curators, PediatricEducation.org

entering your e-mail address, choosing Unsubscribe and clicking on "Go!"

The moderator of this list is michael-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx