[pedevel] Re: New release is done

  • From: Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:10:38 +0200

On 2006-08-08 at 16:57:57 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > after a short bugfixing session I have just done a proper release of
> > the
> > current state: Pe 2.4 is now available at BeBits.
>
> Great! I think you've nailed down all the annoying bugs I noticed so
> far.
>
> > So we can go back to sleep now >;o)
>
> Hehe :-))
>
> I just remember two other things, one of them is even crucial:
>
> 1) undo/redo sometimes doesn't work as expected and messes up the file.
> It only happens rarely, though, and I haven't found a pattern on how to
> reproduce it yet. I think when it happened I accidently used the
> "delete line to begin" command, but I'm not sure.
> The only thing I can reproduce is that those lines are obviously
> removed from the undo stack, and I can't redo them (I have assigned
> shift-backspace to delete-to-beginning-of-line, and sometimes I'm too
> slow to release the shift key before pressing the backspace key...).

Ah, that explains why I never see the problem, since I am never using that
function.

> 2) Sometimes when removing a marked block that spans beyond the lower
> border of the window, I get a blue line where the block was. Could
> depend on the actual window size, but I dunno. (on dano)

Yes, I have noticed some drawing problems related to selections, too, but
haven't nailed them down yet, either.

Apart from that, it's of course the usual stuff with releases: after you have
done them you notice more bugs... >;o)
One bug I noticed is that I reintroduced the problem that causes tooltips to
just flicker if the current window isn't the topmost.

I'll wait some time to let more bugs trickle in from users...

cheers,
        Oliver