[pedevel] Document window positioning

  • From: Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 20:13:04 +0200

On 2005-05-25 at 18:53:35 [+0200], Axel Dörfler wrote:
[ 8< ]

> BTW about the default document position: how about using the frame of
> unsaved windows as default position? Ie. you open a new window in Pe,
> move it to the position you want to have, and close it again - voilà, you
> have a new default position for new windows.

Sounds like a nice idea to me.

> Would that be too unobtrusive? (at least it would save another
> preferences entry)

Well, it surely would have to find its way into the documentation, as
otherwise it probably would be pretty hard to find out... (well, as noone
is reading documentation anyway, it'll still be, but at least we'd have an
excuse then >;o)

Anyway, I am going to implement that (default document position) soon, and
while at it, I am probably going to improve Pe's handling of multiple new
windows a bit: currently Pe moves each new window somewhat towards the left
and bottom of the one opened last, but it actually shrinks the window
vertically (i.e. the frame bottom of all windows stays the same). This I
find pretty weird, so I would like to get rid of it (again, unless semeone
shows me a good reason to keep that behaviour).

cheers,
        Oliver