Re: [PCWorks] Two malware files I cannot delete, tried everything

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 04:47:41 -0500

I must have been too.......because I went to that site and
didn't see it!  That's the same as the cmd prompt command.
Thanks.

But, it says this only works "within the system directories of
the current Windows installation, removable media, the root
directory of any hard disk partition, or the local installation
sources."

The files are not in any "system directories" or "root
directory".  But all I can do is try it.  I don't think it can
recreate itself because it's not tied to anything else and it's
not in the Registry (other than MRU areas).

I don't know if I mentioned it, but when I tried this from the
cmd prompt in Windows, I got this: "The system cannot find the
path specified."  Even when using the /F attribute.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com