Re: [PCWorks] Stopping a print job

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 02:46:32 -0500

Similar to Karl's reply.....

Since I don't do a lot of printing it's pointless having the
Spooler Service running all the time.  I have two batch files
that I use for this.

To start the Service:

@title PrintSpooler Manager
@echo Running PrintSpooler... Wait until it's done.
net.exe start Spooler

To STOP the Service:

@echo Stopping unnecessary service...
@net stop Spooler

Paste each of those into a text file and make the extension
.bat, then drag a shortcut from where ever you keep them to
somewhere like your Taskbar.  Change the status of the Spooler
Service from automatic to "Manual".  Then whenever you need to
print something click the shortcut to the file that starts the
Service, and when you're through click the other to stop it.

When I have had this happen I could always click the icon in
the System Tray and either "Cancel" all docs or "Purge" the
que/queue, even with more problematic USB printers.  But
stopping the Service should also work.
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner