[PCWorks] Gmail filters not working, where is "contains"??Q

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:28:44 -0500

I can't believe how much these people complicate things.  I'm trying to
create the most common filter type, to delete emails that have a certain
word in the subject.  How???

All they say is:

"Enter your filter criteria. In the 'Has the words:' field, you can use
any advanced operators to filter messages meeting various criteria.
Please note that the 'or' function in Gmail is represented by 'OR,' and
the 'not' function is represented by a minus (-). You also can use
quotes (" ") to specify an exact phrase."
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8931

Ok so you enter the word in the 'Has the words:' field, but how to tell
it it's the SUBJECT??  Furthermore, regardless of any filter you create,
they always end up "Matches" and never "Contains"!  So the subject can
only have that one word in it to be filtered!
-Clint

God Bless,
Clint Hamilton, Owner
www.OrpheusComputing.com